We can all use a little kindnes in our world, right? As the saying goes -- let it begin with me. Here are seven easy ideas to spread a little kindness today.
• Give someone a compliment today — super easy + doesn’t cost a dime.
• If you have the means to do so, try paying for the person in front of (or behind) you. A Place at The Table even offers an option to purchase a $10 token that will give someone a free meal.
Write a letter
• Send a card to an old friend. Yes, we know texting exists — but something about a letter feels more meaningful.
Surprise your loved ones with a gift
• Pick up a sweet treat from a local chocolate store and/or florist for your elderly neighbor. They’ll never expect it.
Leave a generous tip
• If you’re going out for dinner tonight, plan to surprise your server with a generous tip. This amount is totally up to you, but we guarantee it will make their day.
Volunteer your time
• Give up some of your time to volunteer at The Food Bank (with branch locations in Raleigh and Durham). Or sign up for one of the many volunteer opportunities on ActivateGood.
Let someone go in front of you
• Are you really in that much of a rush today? Whether you’re stuck in traffic on I-40 or in line at Common Grounds Coffee, let someone in front of you in line.
️ Leave a positive review
• This past year has been difficult for many small businesses. Support some of your local favorites by leaving them a positive review.
What are your ideas to bring some kindness into the world today?